While our conscious mind, and conscious memory can get a little foggy, a little forgetful from time to time. Our subconscious mind and body has a 100% photographic memory. It remembers everything!!!!!
Everything that has happened to us, everything that we have felt, everything that we believe. And sometimes, it runs programs that we don’t know about and that we certainly DON’T WANT it too.
So how do you say to your subconscious mind “Hey – stop doing that!!! That program no longer serves me”? This is where Kinesiology steps in. Kinesiology is a biofeedback technique that taps directly into your subconscious mind.
Holistic Kinesiology focuses on how the mind interacts with the body. It is an integrative approach that explores the relationship between a client’s symptoms and their emotional / mental state. Using both counselling and body therapies, Kinesiology can help bring balance to one’s life.
Kinesiology helps you to gain an understanding of what’s going on inside your body and mind. By finding and exploring the root cause of a problem, you can unravel negative patterns and blockages that have been holding you back in life. This will allow you to freely move into a more positive, healthy way of living.
Holistic Kinesiology utilises a range of modalities including muscle monitoring, counselling, acupressure, tradition Chinese medicine, vibrational medicine (flower essences, sound, chakras, crystals and homeopathy) affirmations and EFT (emotional freedom technique)
What can I expect from a kinesiology session?
I start by getting you to do a brain dump of what is going on in your life at the moment. This is your opportunity to get everything off your chest. We then discuss what you want your life to be like in two years’ time. With every session we are working towards this goal. Clearing the baggage from your past to achieve the future that you want.
Once up on the table, I will use muscle monitoring techniques to connect with your subconscious mind to see where the blocks are i.e.
- Do we need to look at any emotions currently affecting you?
- Are there any attitudes and/or limiting beliefs hold you back?
- Do we need to look at an incident from your past? Or are you worrying about something in the future?
- Does your body want to ask you any questions?
Once we have enough context around the goal, and your body gives me permission to correct. I will then apply the most appropriate correction for your body.
Each session of Kinesiology will be different from the last one, because different things are occurring in your life from week to week. Different issues will come up in each balance, which will lead to different corrections. Once you have decided on a positive goal that you would like to work towards, your body’s own natural healing system will indicate what it needs to heal itself.
Your body will also decide if you have any homework to do. The homework is very important, as it helps your body to continue the healing process between the sessions. It could be taking an essence, listening to a song, saying an affirmation etc. Your body will also decide when your next session will be.
How many sessions will I need?
When I get asked this question, I am always reminded of two quotes:
- One is from Shrek the movie: “Ogres are like Onions. We both have Layers”. It is the same with a lot of our core issues. There are many layers to an issue, and with each Kinesiology session, we remove one of the layers, until we can get to the heart of the problem.
- The other is from the Pantene advertising commercials: “It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen”
To get the best results, the minimum number of sessions that you would need is:
- Better sleep – six sessions
- To reduce stress; improve your self-esteem / self-confidence / self-care; advance your career; sustain your motivation; and unleash your creativity – eight sessions
- To recover from bullying and bring fun back into your family – ten sessions
- To free yourself from anxiety; improve your finances; and open yourself up to love – twelve sessions
- To banish the black dog (depression) and to recover from sexual assault – 14 sessions
If you are committed to freeing yourself from your past and creating a better, brighter future, then I will be there every step of the way supporting you.